Ten Ways to Use Tarot in Your Everyday Life
Excerpted from The Tarot Coloring Book by Theresa Reed
Courtesy of the Author
“When should I start my own business?” “Should I try to negotiate a better offer…or back off?” “What do I need to know about this hot new guy I just met?” “Why do I have such a weird feeling about this potential job opportunity?”
Got questions? Tarot’s got answers. Tarot is a practical—and mystical—tool for intuitive reasoning and decision making. Learning how to read a Tarot deck can help you weigh options, identify unseen opportunities, avoid pitfalls, and confirm that your “hunches” are correct. I believe that everyone—yes, everyone—is born with intuitive abilities. We all get “funny feelings” and “flashes of insight” and “solutions” that seem to pop out of nowhere. The more you use your Tarot deck, the more you’ll connect to your intuition, and the stronger your abilities will become. Plus: it’s fun!
Tarot can be used in a lot of different areas of your life. You can use it for the following:
- General decision making (“This or that?” “Rent or buy?” “Taco or burger?”)
- Understanding the best way to help a loved one (“How can I support Mom right now?”)
- Coming up with creative ideas (“What should I blog about this week?”)
- Finding strategies for sticky situations (“What’s the best way to proceed with ___?”)
- Mapping out plans for the future (“What should I focus on next year?”)
- Seeing the potential in a situation (“I feel stuck. What’s the silver lining for ___?”)
- A conversation prompt (“How does this card make you feel?”)
- Avoiding pitfalls by looking at potential roadblocks and outcomes (“What is one challenge that’s likely to come up if I choose ___?”)
- Timing (“Now or later?” “Move forward or back off for now?”)
- Entertaining your friends! (“Anybody got a question?”)
Excerpted from The Tarot Coloring Book by Theresa Reed. Copyright © 2016 by Theresa Reed. To be published in November 2016 by Sounds True.
THERESA REED has been a professional, full-time tarot reader for more than 25 years. A recognized expert in the field, she has been a keynote presenter at The Reader’s Studio, the world’s biggest tarot conference, and coaches tarot entrepreneurs via numerous online courses and her popular podcast, “Talking Shop.” Theresa is the author of The Tarot Coloring Book (Sounds True, November 2016) and lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. For more, see thetarotlady.com.