15 Affirmations for When You’re Stuck in a Rut
Wire your brain for success with these affirmations.
“So no one told you life was gonna be this way
Your job’s a joke, you’re broke, your love life’s D.O.A.
It’s like you’re always stuck in second gear
When it hasn’t been your day, your week, your month, or even your year.”
Sometimes we feel we’re inching along on the freeway of life—riding astride a burro when we need to be driving a Ferrari. It may seem like everyone around us is succeeding: so-and-so just got a book deal; a dear friend closed on that amazing house; a coworker posts photos from his trip to Greece. Meanwhile, we’re stuck in the same old, same old, hearing one too many “no’s” and feeling discouraged. It can be hard to have faith that our situation will change, that there’s something satisfying for us in store, too, if we keep striving. How, then, can we build up the vigorous energy required to take things to the next level? A few suggestions for helping yourself thrive during “bleh” phases:
- Practice gratitude, whether that is prayer, journaling or another expression.
- Change your perspective with a new hobby.
- Switch on the uplifting music; whether that is Gurunam Singh, Led Zeppelin or Bruno Mars—whatever puts you in a good mood.
- Take extra-good care of yourself: nourishing food, extra sleep, plenty of exercise, schedule that haircut/massage/pedicure.
- Consider meeting with a life coach or taking a personal development course.
Next, wire your brain for success with these affirmations.
- I am ready to live a charmed life.
- I enable my best self by having a positive attitude.
- Luminous and productive energy flows through me. -Marianne Mitchell
- Move mountain, get out of my way!
- Energetic transformation is coursing through me.
- I choose to reconnect with pleasure, to reclaim joy.
- I am undergoing a powerful transformation.
- I am determined to succeed.
- I am unstoppable.
- I stand on one hundred no’s to get a yes.
- I commit, I don’t quit.
- Today, I accomplish my goals.
- I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. –William Ernest Henley
- I am worthy of great things.
- I write my own life story.
Do you have affirmations you use when you’re feeling stuck? If so, share below in the comments.
Kathryn Drury Wagner is a writer and editor based in Los Angeles. Her latest book is Hawaii’s Strangest, Ickiest, Wildest Book Ever!