4 Meditations to Tap into Your Intuition
Here are 4 meditations on how to enhance your intuition and clairvoyance.
The great thing about intuition is that we all have it. Maybe we’ve failed to put it to use or perhaps since it’s not something that is cultivated, we unfortunately lose touch with it. But intuition is always there, waiting to be accessed and harnessed.
Meditation is a proven way to get in touch with your higher self and senses. To get back in touch with your intuition, there are a few meditations that can help. For all of these meditations, try beginning with a gentle yoga practice to move your body so you can sit comfortably while in the meditation.
Third Eye Meditation.
- Sit or lie in a quiet, safe area and focus on your breathing.
- Once you feel “tuned in,” place your awareness at the seat of consciousness—the 3rd eye or 6th chakra—located between the eyebrows and in the centermost area of the brain. This is the location of the pineal gland. This is the chakra associated with intuition and clairvoyance. When you put your awareness on that center, you are heightening its power. Direct your consciousness to that center with your eyes closed. If your mind wanders, simply bring it back to the 3rd eye. It’s actually that simple.
Trataka. Trataka is also called the candle meditation.
- Light the candle in front of you and gaze at the flame. Try not to blink your eyes and keep a steady gaze.
- When you’re eyes begin to water a bit close them and focus the image of the candle on the 3rd eye center. So, your eyes will be looking upward and inward.
- Once you cannot see the image of the candle with your eyes closed, begin to gaze at the candle again and repeat as feels appropriate.
- In this mediation you’ll visualize the color indigo (a deep blue/violet) beginning at the pineal gland and then expanding past your head.
- The ajna chakra is not a tiny point, but instead an energy center that expands past the physical body.
- You can imagine the entire head radiating an indigo light and with every out breath visualize the light getting bigger as it fills your entire body.
- Continue to inhale deeply and on every exhale push and expand the indigo light past your physical body, letting it grow until it fills up the entire room, then your whole house and maybe even your entire neighborhood, city, country, continent, globe and maybe (if you can image it) into the universe to the farthest reaches of your imagination.
Feeling Meditation. Intuition can also be felt in the gut. Have you ever had a “gut” feeling about something that turned out to be correct? Of course you have…everyone has.
- Begin to feel into your body.
- Breathe into your entire body to truly get centered and aligned.
- If you have a question about something that you need answers or guidance for—ask your body. Your body is intuitive and wise and can feel things your logical mind cannot quite grasp.
- Notice what sensations come up once you’ve asked your question. This is said to be one of the best ways to access intuition and make a wise decision. As an example, you can feel into a situation by imagining that it’s a pill. Once you swallow it, how does it sit in your belly? Does it give you indigestion? Heartburn? If so, think twice about moving forward. However, If your body feels good after swallowing the decision then it’s probably the right way to go!
Is there a form of meditation you use to tap into your intuition? Let us know in the comments below.